Here are a list of supplements that you may want to incorporate into your training. These may aid your training but will only do so as part of a healthy lifestyle… Making sure what you eat on a day by day basis is number one priority.
One of the best type of proteins you can consume for muscle building + fat burn because it contains essential and branched-chain amino acids. By consuming this twice daily in the morning or evening, and post workout you can raise the amount of amino acids available in your body for the muscle growth process. You should be looking at a minimum 80% protein content and consider the link below for affordability, quality and taste..
The most researched supplement on the market. Creatine is a non essential dietary compound that is found naturally in foods like meat and fish. It is also produced within the body in small quantities and stored in our muscle cells where it’s used to power high intensity muscle contractions.
– increased physical performance in high intensity exercise
– ideal for explosive movements such as weightlifting
– increases recovery
– improves anaerobic capacity
– enhances brain function
Either in powdered or tablet format here is what I recommend to purchase should you consider using creatine..
Pre-workout supplements are more popular today than they ever were. That’s because they’re formulated with ingredients that work together to ramp up your energy and endurance, increase strength, crank up muscle growth, and burn off body fat. Here is a breakdown of what a Pre workout can include..
– Arginine: body readily converts into nitric oxide
– Beta-alanine: delays fatigue, natural tingles to the face
– BCAAs: leucine, isoleucine and valine. Driving muscle growth and increasing energy
– Caffeine: increasing alertness and blunting fatigue
– Creatine: provides quick energy for muscles they need during a workout. Increases pump.
– Taurine: improves focus and increased blood flow to the muscles
Here’s a Pre workout I currently use and recommend…
REMEMBER Pre-workout is a last resort and should only be used for an occasional boost incase of bad preparation. What you eat dictates how much energy you have for workouts.
The next lot of supplements can all be purchased at your local Holland and Barrett in powder or tablet format.
Magnesium is a mineral that’s crucial to the body’s function.
– contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue
– contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system
– contributes to normal protein synthesis
– contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth
Baobab fruit powder is a powerful superfood. It has a unique nutritional profile, with more Vitamin C than oranges, more iron than red meat and a rich content of alkalising minerals: calcium, potassium and magnesium.
– 3 x daily calcium
– 5 x more potassium than bananas.
– 3 x more calcium than milk.
– High in protein and fibre.
– Contain high amounts of Vitamin C help slow the aging process.
– Protect against major illnesses like heart disease and cancer.
Spirulina is a plant that has a full spectrum of nutrients that nourish the body. It’s grown organically in clean fresh water ponds.
– boosts immune system
– weight management
– healthy heart
– digestible protein source
- The PT Factory partners up with AquAid to provide water to future generations. - May 7, 2021
- How To Lose Weight Without The Gym: The Complete Guide - May 5, 2020
- 11 Lies You’ve Been Told About The Coronavirus - March 11, 2020